Sunday, April 3, 2011

self portrait

Ciao Amicos! That means hello friends in Italian. My name is Katelin Fasano-Perry. I'm a nineteen year old from New Jersey. I currently live in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Here, I attend North Carolina School of The Arts. I study Filmmaking here.

Prior to moving to the good 'ol south, I enjoyed spending most of my time on the Jersey Shore and working in New York. I live with both of my parents, my younger brother, Dylan... he's 6'1... he's also 13, and my grandma. Although I'm studying Filmmaking now, I went to a Performing Arts high school. There, I started out as an acting major, but quickly explored other aspects of art. For a while I thought I was going to be a stage manager; I spent three of my summers as an assistant stage manger in NY, NY with Cake Productions, an off-off Broadway theatre company. But then I came to my sense and realized how terrible I was at that, and here I am.

I miss my family and friends a lot. Currently, I'm very excited because my best friend in the entire world is expecting her first child. So, come May 13th (hopefully) I'll be an aunt! I'm very excited to meet my nephew, Logan :)

I'm primarily Italian. Both of my mother's parents came to America from Italy as teenagers. My grandfather is from Sicily, and my grandmother is also from Sicily. She says some of her family is also from Naples, and she's also a touch of Black Irish. I'm very proud of this part of my culture... it's something that my mother had hammered into my head since I was a child. I've grown accustomed to our odd yet endearing traditions. I also have a tattoo on the right side of my ribs, it reads "Sorride Al Futuro." This translates to "Smile At The Future."

My father, however, was never too interested in his background. He's never had a strong sense of culture. I know that his father is from Portugal my grandmother is Irish.


I hope to one day produce movies or manage talent. I also enjoy first assistant directing. But currently, I'm just trying to keep up with myself and the world around me. 

This is one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite Lemony Snicket books:  

"I love no one but you, I have discovered, but you are far away and I am here alone. Then this is my life and maybe, however unlikely, I’ll find my way back there. Or maybe, one day, I’ll settle for second best. And on that same day, hell will freeze over, the sun will burn out and the stars will fall from the sky."

Hugs and Kisses,
Katelin Fasano Perry
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox 




                


No comments:

Post a Comment